I can offer individual workshops or an 8 week course. Past experience includes teaching at Hughes Hall Cambridge for a summer programme.
Courses consist of seminars that include taught and practical activities. As a guide, they cover the following areas:
- Getting started – ideas for how to begin
- Character – creating round not flat characters
- Setting – how to create a strong setting
- Showing not telling
- Dialogue –how to create convincing dialogue for your characters
- Plot – How to extract a plot from a story
- Point of View – which is best, first, third person or the omniscient narrator?
- Voice – who is telling the story?
- Editing and redrafting
Rates on request.